Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Crochet progress

I have recently returned to work on my crocheted cushion squares. I am tailoring it a bit - reducing the size from a gigantic to a large cushion - 8 squares by 8 squares instead of 10 x 10. If it does not look big enough when I reach 64 squares I can add to it. I have laid it out to size and think it will work well. My granddaughters agree, so it must be OK.

I now know the pattern, so can work without checking. It doesn't mean I always get it right, but I can pick it up and put it down easily. It's a good project at the moment when I am sorting, packing and disposing of possessions in preparation for moving in a couple of weeks.

        I decided on a process of making the base squares in each of the colours before creating the flowers. This ensures I get a full range of colours in the bases. Of course, I did not count properly and ended up with four too many bases. Now I will have to think of something to do with the surplus squares...

I have completed 49 of the 64 squares. I'm very much looking forward to organising and connecting them together.




3 comments:

Monica said...

This is sooo pretty, Jillian! I always like this kind of flowery crochet. Will your granddaughters be the happy recipients, then?

Good luck with the move! I hope it all goes smoothly.

Jillian said...

Thanks Monica. They are very joyful to make. Yes, the cushion will go in their big open family area that is in need of lots of cushions.
So far all is on track for the move. It is a huge project but I'm working my way through it and so far so good.

margaret said...

how pretty these squares are the 3D effect works so well with the flowers.
Best of luck with your move