I have progressed to Project Three, which is a hussif and scissor case. Like most students I began with the scissor case. In the July meeting I cut out my templates and began the embroidery design. The challenge this time is to use a specific range of loop stitches - buttonhole, feather and/or fly stitch.
In the August meeting, helped along by fellow student, Mary Moore, who had progressed hers while I was away, I cut out my backing, linings and began the construction. I finished this off at home, ladder-stitching the pieces together and then making the inevitable twisted cord.
Each of these pieces had a plain and a patterned component. In this one, the back of the scissor case is meant to be patterned I didn't much like that, so used the pattern on the reverse side.
My scissor case is now finished. It will be submitted for assessment along with the hussif, which I start at next Monday's Back to Basics. It's a lot of fun and a great group.