Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Lagartera Bag

This is what I did with the piece of Lagartera I made at the Certificate Course Class at the end of February.

I joined the piece of fabric into a bag and secured the hem at the top with running stitch.







On the back I embroidered one of the small diamond motifs.


I created a tube for the cord using double running stitch.

I also experimented with a row of stitching around the edge - but unpicked it!


I made a cord and tassels using the green thread from the lagartera outline.




Someone will enjoy this bag with a small gift inside.

It's been a great little project. Thanks again to the Guild for generously allowing members to participate in these Certificate Courses - and to Gay for her teaching.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Simple and pretty! It will make a beautiful gift. Nice finish!

Katherine said...

Another fantastic finish! Its a beautiful bag Jillian.