Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

Girl's Cotton Cardigan: the case of the disappearing photos.

The project I chose to take with me on my recent trip to Canberra and the NSW Southern Vales was a girl's cardigan in 4 ply cotton. I used Sirdar Pattern 2215 which has a nice 1-12 years age range, with a lace medallion pattern that gives interest to the knitting, but doesn't require constant reference to the pattern once you have the hang of it. This was to be a Christmas present, so the timing was good.

It proved a good choice of travel project. The cotton (Bendigo Woollen Mills 837 Orchard 4ply) was pleasant to knit in what proved to be fine and warm weather, I could go for hours without referring to the pattern and progress was steady enough to keep me encouraged.

I seem to have been having too good a time to take photos - although I thought I had taken some, I can find no trace! I have distinct memories of taking photos of the finished pieces before construction. I am either deluded (quite possible) or the victim of cunning photo fairies.

It is more than likely the fairies, on a crusade to save readers from photos of pieces of unconstructed knitting..

I will need to be content with these two photos of the finished product, taken by someone else, and interesting enough to escape the attention of the photo fairies.


















5 comments:

margaret said...

very pretty, I do like a cotton cardy, have had one from M & S for at least 20 years and still going strong

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Looks lovely and such a nice pattern.

Katherine said...

Darn those photo fairies. Mind you they sound more like gremlins lol. Beautiful cardigan though

Monica said...

LOL, maybe your photos are on a different device? Anyway, it turned out great, and the substitute photo is a lot of fun!

Jillian said...

Thanks Monica. Checked all devices. I did a big download and delete of all photos on my phone - if I did indeed take them I probable filed them!