Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Further hexagon centre embellishments

I haven't embroidered all the hexagon centres with a specific motif. For some I have made up the embellishment as I went along.

This one, for example, is a buttonhole flower using variegated thread in shades similar to the surrounding fabric.

This one is a whipped chain stitch circle.

Mostly the embroidery is flat, but I did succomb to small bullion buds for one.



I managed a whipped chain stitch wheel with button hole spokes on the fabric left  from Fionn's snack bag.

In some, I just continued the lines of the fabric.

Some are more successful than others, but it is a lot of fun just playing around with such small motifs and breaks the long sessions of stitching he hexagons together.






5 comments:

margaret said...

I do like the way you are embroidering the centres very nice

Monica said...

Am I right in thinking that the embroidery is still your main interest in this quilt, Jillian?

It all looks like a lot of fun!

Jillian said...

I wouldn't say it is my main interest, Monica, but without the embroidery interest I might be flagging a bit. The quilt is consuming most of my stitching time and is so big I'd be going weeks without embroidering if it weren't for the centres - so that keeps me going and on task!

Katherine said...

More gorgeous hexies! Love seeing what you are doing for the centres

Katherine said...

More gorgeous hexies! Love seeing what you are doing for the centres