Stitching the first finished panel on to the chair cover was an exercise in pinning, adjusting, repinning - and manipulating a lot of fairly bulky fabric under the sewing machine and over the chair. Originally I intended to stitch the embroidered panels on to the chair itself, but changed my mind and bought a cream cover for the chair, with a view to stitching the panels to the cover. I'm glad I did this - more secure than hand-stitching to the chair, and much easier for cleaning.
I didn't take photos of the process - couldn't really see what to photograph that would show anything but bundles of fabric. Ironing was also a bit of a waste of effort - impossible to manipulate the bulk without creasing again. I'm counting on the fabric straightening itself as I use the chair.
I figure if I were never to finish the chair, the single panel looks OK.