The bag I wanted to try was the one on the cover, but I was keen to try knitting the handles, rather than using bamboo handles.
Murano is suitable for felting, and I was attracted to the variegation. I used CK27.
I knitted it on circular needles - very easy, but it developed a decided skew to the right as I knitted - maybe influenced by Australian politics at the time of knitting.
I used directions for knitting handles on another bag in the same book but had some difficulty positioning them even though I had four markers in place level with the four corners of the base.
I began felting by hand - our hot water service doesn't heat above 50C - but soon decided to try the washing machine and add a couple of jugs of boiling water. This worked quite well. One cycle in the machine reduced the size by one third - and produced a fair bit of dark blue water!
It took a couple of days to dry fully in our current winter weather. I finished it off on the second day over a garden broom - perfect fit for the base, which was the last bit to dry, and easy to move with the sun.
Although I was able to correct some of the skew that developed as I knitted, it isn't entirely gone, resulting in the handles being not properly aligned. I could cut these and reattach with a button finish.
It has been an interesting experiment, and the bag will be useful for shopping so for the moment I will live with it as is.
I have a couple more balls of Murano to try smaller bags, so will try to apply what I've learnt on this one.