Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Toy chest etui: waxer box drum

The next piece on my laid-out linen for the toy chest was the drum, which provides a storage place for a knob of wax for waxing thread - a tool I have found quite handy in the last year.

I already had a few lines partly done on this piece when I came to it - the result of using up ends of threads.
The satin-stitch leaves required concentration to get positioned, but also provided a  flowing break from the cross-stitch.

It also has the nice touch of the chord around the drum, held in place by bullion knots at the top and bottom.




This piece is the same size as the thimble-keep we made up at the workshop. The stitching for that took me about 10 hours. This piece took less than half that.

I must be getting more efficient!

1 comment:

margaret said...

certainly this project is coming along at a rapid pace.