Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Toy chest etui: scissor case side 2.

The Amish woman side of the scissor case looked like this when I began. The limited colours used in the Amish pieces meant I have not had many threads left from other pieces that could be used on the scissor fob.









I put her white cap in first, to give myself a reference point, then tackled the black apron, with the tricky pleat counting.












Once that was done, the satin stitch was  a bit more relaxing.
















Her basket was a treat: a neat little basket-weave to finish off.



I'd prefer to have faces, but am staying true to the intention!







1 comment:

Monica said...

That basketweave stitch is nice!

I see your point about the faces, but at that scale, what could you really do? The little figures in my Juin sampler have eyes and shaded cheeks, but I don't love that either - the eyes look too big to me. But, like you, I have opted to stick with the designer on that one!