Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Easy-peasy coasters

My 5" Moda squares arrived this week from the One Stop Fabric Shop and I turned them into coasters. Easy-peasy,.

I lined the 40 squares up on a piece of black iron-on interfacing, wrong side of square to adhesive side of the interfacing and ironed them on. I then cut the interfacing between pairs of squares, folded the pair with interfacing on the outside and machine-stitched three sides. Turning these little pockets to the right side, I machine stitched all around the outside edge.

Voila! Twenty reversible coasters.

I'm glad I made the edged set, especially the embroidered ones, (http://jillian-alwaysstitching.blogspot.com/2011/03/thirty-pretty-ish-coasters.html ) but when you can get pre-cut, interesting fabric, at a good price - way to go.

This is the Moda Harmony collection by Jan Patek.

Thank you One Stop Fabric Shop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's some great prints in this pack.